Suspended License Defense Attorney in Sacramento, CA
In California, your license can be suspended when convicted of a variety of crimes, including DUI.
Other offenses which may result in having your license suspended include:
- Failure to appear in court (this applies to all charges including felonies, misdemeanors and minor infractions)
- Failure to fulfill court ordered obligations, including community service or paying fines
- Being issued too many traffic tickets within a certain period of time
If your license has been suspended for any reason, it is imperative that you do the following:
- Stop driving immediately. Ask a friend or relative to take you where you need to go. If you are caught driving on a suspended license, the consequences are severe and may include significant fines and/or jail time.
- Consult with a criminal defense lawyer immediately. You have a ten day window from the time you are notified that your license has been suspended to request a hearing at the DMV. If you miss that opportunity, you won’t be able to do much about the suspension until the time period for the suspension passes.
Having your license suspended and the privilege to drive revoked – even for a short period of time – can have an exceptionally negative impact on your life. You’ll have difficulty getting:
- to and from your job
- to doctor’s appointments
- out to grocery shop
Having a skilled California defense lawyer assist you in requesting a hearing in a timely fashion and representing you in court is often enough to have the charges dropped and get your license reinstated.
Don’t let a suspended license make life more difficult for you.