Jennifer Mouzis, Criminal Defense Attorney
After an impressive career as a prosecutor, Jennifer Mouzis joined the ranks of criminal defense attorneys and became a valuable resource to the Sacramento criminal defense community.
A veteran of tough cases, Ms. Mouzis brings an aggressive and effective style that has yielded proven results for her clients.
Sacramento criminal defense lawyer Jennifer Mouzis graduated from the University of California Davis and the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law with many academic distinctions which include:
- The Order of the Coif
- The Traynor Society
- Graduate with Great Distinction
- Deans List: 1995-1998
Upon graduation, Jennifer Mouzis joined the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office as a Deputy District Attorney. There she:
- prosecuted cases ranging from misdemeanors to attempted murders
- prosecuted cases as part of the Adult Sexual Assault Prosecution Team and the Career Criminal Prosecution Team
- spent a great deal of time prosecuting cases in the Juvenile Court System
- developed a strong foundation for later specialization in the legal defense of juveniles in the criminal justice system
In 2007, Jennifer Mouzis became a private criminal law attorney.
Jennifer Mouzis uses the legal and litigation skills she has developed over her career to advocate on behalf of juveniles and adults accused of criminal conduct. She is committed to zealously advocating on behalf of her clients and uses the best investigators and experts to develop strong cases in court.
- Graduate, Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Davis
- Golden Key National Honor Society, University of California Davis
- Delta Upsilon Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society, University of California, Davis
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Accomplishments and Contributions to the Office of the Attorney General, State of California, Community Affairs Division
- Graduate with “Great Distinction”, McGeorge School of Law
- Order of the Coif, McGeorge School of Law
- Traynor Society, McGeorge School of Law
- Deans List (1995-1998), McGeorge School of Law
- Current member of the Indigent Defense Panel Executive Committee from the Sacramento County Bar Association
- Current Chair of the Education Committee of the Sacramento Bar Association Criminal Law Section
- 2014 “Attorney of the Year” for Recognition of Superior Advocacy, Sacramento County Bar Association, Indigent Defense Panel
- Barrister, Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court (former)
- Lecturer to legal and law enforcement professionals in the areas of ethical violations, preservation of record, gang testimony, examination techniques
Ms. Mouzis will continue to aggressively defend persons accused of crimes in California.